8. CONFERENCE OF “WORLD CLASS MANUFACTURING” – 2018
Empower Production – with Lean methods, modern Technologies and Solutions to more World Class Production
At this WCM conference, which took place on 15th and 16th March 2018 in Ljubljana at the Mons Hotel, excellent presentations by companies from various industries were attended by around 100 participants.
Top experts from European companies have presented some of their best practice cases, as well as the advantages and challenges of the introduction of digitization. Many face the challenge of connecting modern technologies with established lean methods and how to integrate automated processes with manual processes. Digitalization offers good opportunities to connect these areas, which many European companies are already using in production and other processes.
Internationally recognized companies with concrete examples of good practices have presented their experience: Bosch, Trinity Business School Dublin, Continental, Daimler Protics, IPL Institute, TPM Institute, Agfa HealthCare and Claas.
Within the framework of the practical workshops on the first day of the conference, some topics were even more elaborated. Participants thus had the opportunity to establish direct dialogue with experts, exchange their experiences and strengthen the innovation capabilities of their company.
Conference was enriched with the visit of company Adria Mobil, d.o.o. in Novo mesto.
- Prof. Dr. Richard Keegan
- Andreas Müller, Director for i4.0 in Manufacturing Bosch (Stuttgart, Germany)
- Herbert Klein, Site Manager & Manager Production Pbg | HE/Manufacturing Equipment, Agfa HealthCare (Peissenberg, Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Korne, htw saar/AKJ – Institute for Production and Logistics Systems (Saarbrücken, Germany)
- Stefan Rosenwald, CEO, Daimler Protics (Stuttgart, Germany)
- Kai Walasch, Head of Advanced PLM and Digital Product Engineering – Claas KGaA mbH (Harsewinkel, Germany)
- Eric Hoffmann, Vice President Europe, Senior Consultant, International TPM Institute (USA)
- Prof. Dr. Klaus-Jürgen Schmidt, CSO Institut für Produktions- und Logistiksysteme, Board Member of AKJ Automotive and GfPM e.V. (Germany)