SMART production and supply chain - strategies, technologies and solutions for world-class production - was a red thread of presentations at the WCM Conference 2017, held on 16th and 17th March 2017 at the Hotel Mons in Ljubljana and at the location of the Bosch Rexroth manufacturing company in Škofja Loki.
Internationally renowned lecturers from Bosch Rexroth, DHL Germany, SMR Automotive, International TPM Institute, Telefonica and odelo presented their examples of good practice.
A well-accepted novelty at the WCM Conference 2017 was the implementation of workshops that provided participants with concrete examples and the possibility of direct dialogue with experts and other participants.
An example of good manufacturing practice was provided by the visit of the company Bosch Rexroth in Škofja Loka, which was a very good addition to the presented examples from the theoretical part of the conference.
Industry 4.0 and the digitization of the economy are a reflection of fundamental changes in production processes throughout the value chain, which was also evident from the examples presented by lecturers in their presentations. These new production technologies will soon be a part of everyday in production processes. Anyway, the importance of the orderliness and simplicity of the processes with the introduction of new technologies was emphasised. In the field of logistics, the central theme was a tool that enables the optimization of the supply chain based on the risk management platform. In the production and logistics field, there were very interesting examples of the introduction of digitization with the advantages and at the same time the weaknesses of their introduction. A lot of useful information was also offered by the presentation of production maintenance.
We would like to thank all the participants of the conference for their active participation and at the same time we invite you to join us at the next WCM conference.
WCM Conference team
SPEAKERS OF THE WCM CONFERENCE 2017
- Daniel Prekel, Head of engineering, project management and I4.0, Bosch Rexroth (Hungary)
- Kalmár Balázs, Logistics Director, SMR Automotive, Mosonszolnok (Hungary)
- Shehrina Kamal, Senior Manager, DHL,Troisdorf (Germany)
- Eric Hoffmann, Vice President Europe, Senior Consultant, International TPM Institute (USA)
- Ulrich Irnich, Director Simplification & Transformation, Telefonica, München (Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Klaus-Jürgen Schmidt, CSO Institut für Produktions- und Logistiksysteme, Board Member of AKJ Automotive and GfPM e.V. (Germany)